• Black heavy duty PVC mesh debris netting
• 1/16" mesh hole openings
• Grip-like texture for holding mat in place
• Bright yellow vinyl border for perimeter visibility
• Lock-stitch sewing for strength and durability
• Stainless steel grommets for tie down application
• Flame retardant NFPA 701
• UV resistant for exposure to sunlight
• Easy to deploy, fold, and reuse
• Prevents small tools, fasteners, foreign objects, and debris falling from elevated work platforms
• Helps contain nuts, bolts, fasteners from falling at heights
• Used as temporary work mats for drop prevention
• Creates a safer workplace environment
• Reduces downtime and risk of worker injury
• Used as temporary work mats for drop prevention
• Flame retardant matting for protection against welding sparks & hot works
Dropped Objects are among the top 10 causes of fatality and serious injury on the jobsite. Worker safety and drop prevention are top priorities in the industrial, construction and manufacturing markets. Eagle Industries Dropped Object Matting provides solutions to help mitigate potential accidents from dropped objects and falling debris. Dropped Object Matting (DOM) is made from custom fabricated heavy duty debris netting. The matting is made using black vinyl coated mesh and bright yellow vinyl webbing border for perimeter visibility. Stainless steel grommets are added for tie down application. Each matting is sewn using lock stitch thread for strength and durability. All Dropped Object Mats are flame retardant NFPA 701 tested and compliant. Industrial facilities bear a lot of risk areas for dropped objects. High risk areas include scaffolding, pipe racks, elevated work platforms, metal grating, cat walks, and areas under routine maintenance and construction. Ways to reduce the risk of falling objects is to install a comprehensive safety program including Eagle Debris Netting, Safety Nets, Tarps, Sheeting and Containment Solutions. Now most importantly, the introduction of Eagle Dropped Object Matting.
WHAT DEFINES A DROPPED OBJECT?
1.) An object that falls from a height by its own weight and gravity.
2.) An object that falls from a height due to contact with an energy source.
According to Dropped Object Prevention Scheme (DROPS), an object that weighs less than 3 pounds if dropped from a height of 30 feet can be fatal. DROPS classifies the consequences of a dropped object in the following manner:
• LIGHT: A First Aid Case. No injury, or the injury is limited. First aid may be the only treatment needed.
• MINOR: A Recordable Incident. A work-related injury that does not involve death, day(s) away from work, restricted work or job transfer, and where the employee receives medical treatment beyond first aid.
• MAJOR: A Lost Time Incident (LTI). This is a nonfatal traumatic injury that causes any loss of time from work beyond the day or shift it occurred. A major incident is also referred to as Day Away From Work Case (DAFWC).
• FATALITY: Death resulting from an injury or trauma.
**PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! **
1.) Used for small dropped objects and small debris only. Not to be used for large or heavy debris.
2.) Never to be used for lifting or hauling debris or materials.
3.) Never to be used as personnel safety net for fall protection.
4.) Recommended use on lay flat surface area or metal grating. Bungee hooks may be used for temporary tie down. If installed vertically, all grommets must be securely fastened and tied off.
5.) Product is flame retardant, not fireproof. Do not use as a blanket or curtain near welding, cutting, or hot works operations.
6.) Inspect matting before every use. Do not use with tears, rips, or product deficiencies, Discard immediately and contact Eagle Industries for re-order quantity.
7.) Dropped Object Matting is only a prevention scheme. It is not a guaranteed solution that objects will never drop or fall.
8.) Multiple factors restrict or limit the use including application, installation, mat sizing, worker safety, competence, awareness, area inspection, etc.
• Elevated platform debris matting
• Walkway debris containment
• Vertical debris curtains
• Oil & gas, refineries, power plants
• Offshore platforms, rigs, terminals
• Marine & shipbuilding industry
• Manufacturing facilities
• Industrial turnaround & maintenance projects
|DESCRIPTION||SIZE||MESH||COLOR||FR TEST||ITEM NUMBER|
|Dropped Object Matting||3' x 8'||1/16" Mesh Holes||Black With Yellow Border||Flame Retardant NFPA 701||DOM-0308-FR|
|Dropped Object Matting||4' x 8'||1/16" Mesh Holes||Black With Yellow Border||Flame Retardant NFPA 701||DOM-0408-FR|
|Dropped Object Matting||6' x 8'||1/16" Mesh Holes||Black With Yellow Border||Flame Retardant NFPA 701||DOM-0608-FR|
|Dropped Object Matting||8' x 8'||1/16" Mesh Holes||Black With Yellow Border||Flame Retardant NFPA 701||DOM-0808-FR|
|Dropped Object Matting||Custom Made Size||1/16" Mesh Holes||Black With Yellow Border||Flame Retardant NFPA 701||DOM-0000-FR|